Cleura Cloud Academy
Cloud Orchestration with Terraform
About This Course
This course introduces you to provisioning with Terraform in an Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) environment. It covers the basics of Terraform, introduces you to Terraform configurations, providers, and backends, and has many hands-on labs enabling you to interactively use Terraform in a real IaaS environment.
We provide all our courses as monthly course runs to ensure that the course content and labs are continually updated, and constantly quality checked. When you purchase a course seat, you will be automatically invited to the current course run, i.e., the June course run, July course run, etc., regardless of when you make your purchase.
Much like a printed book, the course content will remain available in your Cleura Cloud Academy account, but your access to labs expires on the 7:th of the following month, i.e. July 7 for the June course run, August 7 for the July course run, etc.
Please plan your seat purchase to ensure that you have enough time to complete the course and labs before access to the labs expires.
This course will enable you to
- understand fundamental concepts that are important in a Terraform context, such as configurations, variables, providers, and backends.
- use Terraform to interact with an OpenStack IaaS environment, and create, modify, and delete resources in a reproducible, configuration-driven fashion.
- use OpenStack Swift as a shared-state repository for Terraform (using a Terraform backend), and work on Terraform configurations collaboratively in a group.
- use Terraform’s OpenStack provider to interact with OpenStack Magnum, and deploy and manage a Kubernetes cluster from Terraform.
- use Terraform’s Kubernetes provider to, in turn, interact with this Kubernetes cluster, and manage application deployments from Terraform, via the Kubernetes API.
Drawing from a decade of experience in open source technology, Florian is among the most renowned OpenStack experts in the world. He has worked with customers of all sizes and markets, and is a frequent conference speaker.
Namrata is a Junior Software Developer and Courseware Designer at Cleura. She has been actively contributing to OpenStack since 2016 and is a Core Reviewer of OpenStack Zun. She is an active speaker at OpenStack meetups and mentor for events which spread awareness and encourage students to contribute to OpenStack community.
Elena spent over a decade working with large Telecom operators, mainly based in the US and Asia, helping them to transition to virtualization and cloud. She contributed to supporting, testing and designing telco clouds based on open source platforms like OpenStack.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to download or install anything?
No, all course material will be delivered on demand to your device via a web browser or edX app. Labs will be conducted online as well.
What web browser should I use?
The Open edX platform works best with current versions of Chrome, Firefox or Safari, or with Internet Explorer version 9 and above.